Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Set Me Free

ASIN: B00KECQIHS
Pages: 215
Source: Mark My Words Book Publicity
Appearance: 
22207522

Summary:
Lucy Tate has spent the last five years on the run. That is, until she met Zach, the one guy she couldn’t bear to leave even though it could cost both of them their lives. 
Hunted by a crooked FBI agent who killed her parents, Lucy has taken on one disguise after the next. But Zach knows exactly who she is and in spite of mounting evidence indicating her guilt in her parents’ death, he knows she’s innocent. 
Convinced that it’s time to put her years on the run behind her, Zach and Lucy vow to fight back, clear her name, and take down the real killer. 
With support from Zach’s loyal friends and his uncle, an investigative reporter, they set out on a dangerous mission hoping that the truth...will set them free. 



Hey guys! Guess what?? I have another review for y'all! Set Me Free is the second book in the Fugitive duology with the first book being I Know Lucy. If you haven't read my review for that please click here and if you haven't read it, go do that now. :)

In I Know Lucy, Zach and Lucy meet, but Lucy runs away because she's afraid her connection with Zach would get him killed by the FBI agent who has been hunting her since he murdered her parents. But she found out that she just couldn't leave Zach behind so she went back and now they are on the hunt together to bring this man down. 

This book was absolutely stunning! I loved the first book and the second book DOES NOT disappoint. It kept me on the edge of my seat, scared, thrilled, and excited me. It was amazing. Set Me Free allows us to see Lucy really own up to who she is and how she begins to interpret Shorty's last words to her: Don't let him win. Keep living. Emoji It was really amazing to see Lucy stand up for her future and fight back even if her every instinct screams for her to run away and forget about Zach. I loved Lucy in the first book because she was so fiery, but this book definitely shows a more softer and more vulnerable side to her. Either way, I love Lucy so much as a character and she is definitely one of the characters out there who deserve their happy ever after. (Like Regina from Once...this was for you Claudz).

Zach is perfection. I think I mentioned in my other review how amazing and caring he was, but this book takes it to a whole new level. He knows the dangers that await him if he continues to search for the truth regarding Lucy's past but he's willing to put his life in danger because Lucy deserves a chance to live freely, hopefully with him. He was willing to even jeopardize his friendship with his closest friends because at the end, if Lucy was free, it would be worth it. Zach is perfection.

Elliot, Elliot. You were such a jerk in the first book and I bordered on extremely disliking you. In the second book, you definitely proved yourself to be someone completely different and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping Lucy achieve her happiness. 

At the end of this book, we can happily say that justice was served. I loved the ending of the story, it was heart pounding and thrilling, just like the rest of the book. My favorite part about the ending was how it all narrowed itself back to Lucy and Tenner, there was no Zach or Elliot helping her fight back. It was the ultimate demonstration of her strength and her fight for her life. Epicness to the max!!

Set Me Free was amazing and you guys must go check it out! Especially if you love thrillers, this is pretty much the perfect YA thriller. Like the first book, there is the constant looming shadow of doom and fear which just adds more to the suspense and feel of the story. This was an amazing read and seriously, if I haven't repeated myself a million times already: Go Check It Out!

4 out of 5 stars

Foreverly Obsessed,

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your AWESOME review!! I'm so glad you enjoyed the ending :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for commenting!! :D

      ~Riv

      Delete