Thursday, June 5, 2014

Lesson in Love Series Review



Lessons in Love (book 1)

Lessons in Love follows the story of high school cheerleader Alex Heron. She's pretty, blonde and popular.Alex seems to have it all, but she's hiding a dark secret from her past that threatens to destroy her future. Only the handsome new math teacher, Mark Simmons, can see past Alex's façade to the real girl hiding inside. He wants to help Alex overcome her past, but will their developing feelings for each other get in the way? 


Letters of Love (book 2) 

Alex Heron has graduated high school and been accepted to Princeton! But will college be the fulfillment of a dream like she always hoped it would be?

Leaving her first love behind, Alex travels far away from her hometown with a heavy heart. Can love blossom as she makes new friends, joins a sorority and attends a wealth of college parties?

Princeton will test Alex in many ways. There will be hearts torn apart and flames burning anew, and always there will be the letters from home, the letters of love, to help guide her back from the brink.
Living with Love (book 3)

Alex Heron has graduated from Princeton, and now it’s time for her to make her mark in the big wide world. With an exciting job opportunity in New York City, everything seems to be going well, but with the two great loves of her life, Oscar and Mark, still looming in the background it’s going to be far from smooth sailing.

Will Alex finally get the happy ending she so desperately deserves? Only time will tell as she navigates both the city and life back in Woodsdale in her ongoing search for her true self and true happiness.

Hello everybody! Welcome to my review for the Lessons of Love Series by Clarissa Carlyle! 

I decided not to review each book individually because I read these books literally one after the other and in my head, it's just one big book! The series follows a girl named Alex Heron who witnessed the brutal death of her father at a young age. Before his death, she essentially lived the life of luxury, but after his death, she and her family fell into piles of debt. They move away from their beautiful house and into a trailer lot and she leaves her prestigious private school to attend a regular public school. Here, she forces herself to become someone she's not in order to fit in with the popular kids. Nobody seemed to have seen past her facade, except for her new math teacher Mark. Yes, there is a bit of that teacher-student relationship concept in the story, but nothing really happens until after Alex graduates.

With Mark's help, Alex sheds off her fake cover and shows the world who she really is, math prodigy extraordinaire. Her "popular" friends immediately reject her on the premise that she "lied" to them which, I have to be honest, made me want to strangle them. Now that she no longer needs to hide, Alex moves on with her life, leaving behind the past of high school.

In the second book, Alex attends college, more appropriately, Princeton. There, she meets her new roommate and best friend Ashley. With Ashely, Alex moves through college experiencing things any college students does: romance, regret, stress, etc. She also meets Oscar, a slightly depressed boy who completely rocks her world. Her relationship with Mark is slowly deteriorating due to the lack of communication and Oscar quickly replaces Mark in her love life. I was a bit worried that there was going to be messy love triangle, but I was plesantly surprised to not find one. While Alex and Mark never had an end to their relationship, she didn't really spend a lot of time fretting over which boy she loved.

In the third book, Alex graduates from college and enters the working world. She gets her first job, her first apartment, and eveything's going great. For me, this was a perfect end of the trilogy. You've basically watched Alex grow up from a senior in high school to a beautiful amazing young lady. In this book, everything comes to a wonderful close and you're left smiling and satisfied. At the same time, I was sad to see Alex, Mark, Ashley, and Oscar go because I've gotten so used to them. They really do grow on you.

For me, my favorite aspect of the book was how real it was. Clarissa Carlyle didn't shy away from college craziness, Alex went out and she partied. It was really amazing to see her grow and mature into an adult. All the characters had such distinct personalities that you really just connect with all of them at some point in the book. Overall, I definitely recommend, it's a super enjoying and relaxing read. 


Lessons in Love Boxed Set  
(Includes all 3 books in the Lessons in Love series, specially priced!)

AUTHOR BIO:
Facebook | Blog | Amazon | Twitter | Goodreads |YouTube channel

I have been an avid reader and writer since my earliest school days. Reading was my first and earliest passion that I can remember, often seeking the safe sanctuary of my room or the library to read everything I could. My favorite has always been romance. I penned some romantic poetry in high school and was winning school awards for my short stories at 16. In college I would hibernate in the library for days at a time, consuming every short story and novel I could find. My diploma says Bachelors in English Lit., which I'm very proud of.

I probably drink too much coffee and eat too much junk food, but to compensate do like running outdoors when the weather is nice. I love shopping in the mall even if I never find what I'm looking for. I'm a hopeful romantic who prefers stories with a happy ending. You can often find me in a coffee shop either working on my next story, or with my nose in a book.

Go here http://clarissacarlyle.blogspot.com/ to find out more, or just stop by and say hi.

Buy Links
Lessons in Love http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IMU3CX2 
Letters of Love http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IMU3LWO 
Living with Love http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IMUAI3E 
Lessons in Love Boxed Set (Includes all 3 books in the Lessons in Love series, specially priced!)http://www.amazon.com/Lessons-Love-Boxed-Set-books-ebook/dp/B00J4XRDOK 

Author Links 
Clarissa Carlyle’s blog http://clarissacarlyle.blogspot.com/ 
Amazon author pagehttp://amazon.com/author/clarissacarlyle 
Clarissa on Twitter http://twitter.com/ClarissaCarlyle 
Clarissa Carlyle’s Facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/AuthorClarissaCarlyle 
Clarissa on Goodreadshttps://www.facebook.com/AuthorClarissaCarlyle 
YouTube channelhttp://www.youtube.com/channel/UCObOQ6z30JlM0zCDCK7p-sw?feature=mhee 
3.5 out of 5 stars

Foreverly Obsessed,

No comments:

Post a Comment