Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Top Tuesday: Favorite book of A Haul

The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
ISBN: 978-0-06-223565-7
Pages: 304
Appearance:



Summary:
Money can't buy a good first impression.
Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers learned early that the rich are not to be trusted. And after years of studying them from behind the cash register of her mom's porcelain-doll shop, she has seen nothing to prove otherwise. Enter Xander Spence - he's tall, handsome, and oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and the fact that he seems to be one of the first people who actually gets her, she's smart enough to know his interest won't last. Because if there's one thing she's learned from her mother's warnings, it's that the rich have a short attention span. But just when Xander's loyalty and attentiveness are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn't a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she'd ever realize. With so many obstacles standing in their way, can she close the distance between them? 


Hey guys, remember when I rarely did Top Tuesday posts cause I didn't know what I could list? Yeah, that's kinda changed since lately, those are the posts I'm doing the most. Anyway, this is another one of my Top Tuesday Book Haul posts where I pick one of my favorite books from a haul and write a review about it. So I'm going to just talk about points of the book that made this book score number one of the haul and made me fangirl like this: (So in some way, I'm still listing!! See what I did there?)

Caymen Sarcasm: I loved her wittiness and sarcasm in the book. It was literally so entertaining. Being that I'm currently on the journey to perfect my sarcasm, I saw this also as a guide. If you ask any of my friends (Claudz included) I can sometimes come up with sarcastic remarks...other times, I fail pretty miserably. But I'm working on it! If you have any great sarcastic remarks let me know in the comments down below!!

The Coffee Exchange: Okay, I'm going to spoil it a bit for you. Xander and Caymen have this thing where every time he sees her, he'll buy her a cup of hot chocolate, but before he gives it to her, he'll take a drink. It stared when they first meet and it just became sort of a tradition that they did.

The Doll Shop: Caymen and her mother pretty much own a doll shop that is slowly collapsing. She has this little story she tells Xander about being scared of the dolls as a little kid. I don't know about you, but I'd be jumping up and down screaming with excitement if I lived in a doll shop. Especially if it's a porcelain doll shop! That's just awesome. Some do look scary, but I just think they look so beautiful and fragile it's adorbs.

The Painful Truth: Xander is basically this rich heir to a hotel business that he wants no part in. At the end, Caymen pretty much tells him that even though he hates it, it's what he does best. He's great with customers and great with the business in general. So even if it sucks cause he's been charged with the duty, it's still the best thing for him which I think can be a really cool lesson for people.

Last but not least...

The Quotes: Like the ones I listed below along with a bunch, the book is full of really great quotes that just seem to be the type that can be categorized as "good life quotes." Also, can't forget the sarcastic remarks!!



Feelings, my dear daughter, you will perhaps learn one day, can be the most costly thing in the universe. And that's the kind of attitude that is going to be the financial ruin of a store.

Because you know everything is going to be okay. This is like the calm after the storm. Everything has settled, and even though it left destruction in its wake you know the worst is over."

"Even redrum? Because after this we're going to your house to watch The Shining?"
"Now that my future is hotels, is that really a good idea?" I can feel his smile against my cheek.
"Don't worry, you can cover your eyes. I won't make of you...too much."

4 out of 5 stars


Foreverly Obsessed,
Riv



No comments:

Post a Comment