Monday, September 23, 2013

Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
ISBN: 978-1-4767-1204-8
Pages: 416
Appearance: 

Summary:
Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.


Let me fangirl for just a minute over the book please? Okay, I've calmed down. First of all, I have to say that this has definitely been one of the most painful books to read in bits and pieces. With school and all that homework, I barely have any time to really sit down and read unless I plan on staying up late which doesn't happen much cause I just crash at night, I've been reading this book over the course of a week right before class, after tests, after class, while taking homework brain breaks, etc. And every single time, it's like tearing hair out for me to get myself to close the book and put it aside. It's just so addicting. Another thing, the cover is just gorgeous, I love the mysterious feel it gives off with the butterfly stuck in a jar with light in the center and darkness lurking in the shadows. It's just so beautiful.

Yeah, I just had to put an emotional gif, even better and heart wrenching that it had to be my baby 

Okay, let's actually get into the story. This is another bad boy meets good girl with dark past story. If you really think about it, it correlates with a lot of bad boy stories, but I guess it's just the overall personality of characters that gives it a complete different feeling. 

Abby is 100% goodie with a lot of cardigans in her closet. (Side note, why are cardigans associated with goody-ness?) Everything was working out great until she met Travis who pretty much blew the whole "escape past" plan in her face. 

Travis is Mr. Badboy also known as the Walking One Night Stand. He is 100% infuriating and 100% smokin' hot by description. Girls literally fall at his feet trying to get into his bed. Which I don't get but whatevs. He didn't expect to like Abby, he only wanted to be friends with the only girl who didn't fall for his charms. He never expected to actually fall in looooove. The magical word, but he did and wowwwww, flipped his world upside down!

America is probably my favorite character just because she's super protective about her friend. She can be all hyper and cute at one time, but if you get on her bad side, like really get on her bad side, she flips out on you and goes completely nuts. Like the time, one of many, that Travis hurt Abby, America was going nuts over him which some might think is crazy but I think it's awesome how much she's willing to go to protect her friend.

Shepley, America's boyfriend and Travis' cousin. He's also super protective about Abby probably because of America and loves his girlfriend to da death. They had a couple arguments over Abby and Travis which I thought were really cute because Shepley went crazy to try to make America happy. Couple love~

My favorite part of this had to be the ending. Ha, obvious much? But in all seriousness it was 100% freaking adorable it had me crying and dying with feels like that Merlin gif up there. I won't tell you, cause it would just ruin the whole story, but you definitely have to go check it out!!

Also, quick question, is there actually a movie out for this book?


It's over. Go home.
You're my home.

You love me?
It's the tattoos.

It wasn't just me and it wasn't just him, it was what we were together that was the exception.

He was afraid of nothing. Until he met me.

To douche-bags! And to girls that break your heart! And to the absolute f**** horror of losing your best friend because you were stupid enough to fall in love with her. 

You know why I want you? I didn't know I was lost until you found me. I didn't know what alone was until the first night I spent without you in my bed. You're the one thing I've got right. You're what I've been waiting for, Pigeon." 

4 out of 5 stars

Hope you guys liked that review! If you ever read the book or have already read it, please share what you thought down in the comments below!!

Love y'all~~

Foreverly Obsessed,
Riv





No comments:

Post a Comment