Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Bout of Books 15.0: Day 2 Challenge + Update

Bout of Books
Hello everyone! In the past, I've never been really active during readathons. I tend to sign up and just read by myself, but that kind of defeats the purpose so this year I'm changing that up. The goal is to participate in every single Bout of Books challenge and so far so good!

Today's challenge comes from Writing My Own Fairytale and it a Would You Rather challenge so let's get into the questions:

Would you rather lend books to someone who dog ears pages or someone who reads with cheesy Cheetos fingers?
I think the answer to this one is pretty self explanatory. I'd take bent pages over cheesy ones any day.

Would you rather be able to meet one character of your choice or meet one author of your choice?
This question is literally impossible, but I think I'll go with one author. The author is the ultimate mastermind behind the creation of the character so meeting them would be like meeting a multitude of characters. Right?

Would you rather never be allowed in a bookstore again or never be allowed in a library again?
Considering that my backyard leads into the public library I'm going to go with bookstore. I just love my local library and having the ability to borrow books without having to pay for them. As for buying books, I'll always have the internet.

Would you rather have to choose one of your favorite characters to die in their book or have to pick one of your favorite couples to break up in their book?
Well...way to kill me. I mean...I've already experienced character deaths and while they are incredibly painful, I can't make myself break up one of my favorite couples so I'll go with the pain of seeing one of my babies die.

Would you rather be required to read Twilight once a year for the rest of your life or The Scarlet Letter once a year for the rest of your life?
I've never read Twilight so I don't know how it is, but I have read The Scarlet Letter and it isn't that bad. I'd go with that because at least I can say that I've read a classic that year.

UPDATE:
Currently Reading: Les Miserables (School), City of Glass, The Life Intended
Books Completed: 1 (City of Ashes)
Pages Read: 441

I had started City of Ashes over the weekend so I finished it during school when my teacher was trying to get the computer to stop updating (it was amazing.) In English we started Les Mis so I just thought I'd include it in my update cause every page counts. I also continued on with the Mortal Instrument series because I'm so stoked for the Shadowhunters TV Show and I figured I should probably read the books. And finally, The Life Intended, the only book from my TBR, which is currently my bedtime read.

How was your first day of Bout of Books?

Foreverly Obsessed,


2 comments:

  1. Hi. I do agree with you: I'd rather meet one author of my choice because, at the same time, I'd be meeting all the awesome characters he/she created. Not only would we meet the author but more than one favorite character. What's better than that?

    Happy readings! Good luck for the read-a-thon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next problem would be picking which author XD Thank you so much for commenting and good luck!!

      ~Riv

      Delete