Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Girl (Guardians #1)

ISBN: 1479390712
Pages: 313
Appearance: 
17346991

Summary:
The prophecy says I will fall in love with team leader and Angel, Marcus Cane. The prophecy also says that our love will cause his mission to fail and end the world.
Whatever.
This human is not worried. Why?
Because I do not intend to fall in love with Marcus.
The truth is I hate him. I hate his warm brown eyes with flecks of gold, his chiseled face and broad shoulders.
I hate how over protective he is just because a few thousand demons are after me.
In fact, I couldn't care less about Marcus or his perfect telekinetic girlfriend.
And when I see him holding her, I don’t die a little inside…


Hey guys! Welcome back :) So first of all, I picked up this book solely because it was free on Amazon. The content of the story seemed a bit too "lovey" for me and I was super reluctant to even start reading. Now that I've finished, the only thing I can say is that I have very mixed emotions concerning this book. With that said, let's get into the review!

Let's go good to bad. I liked this story because of the creative plot and background behind it. St. Vil creates this new "Heaven" and makes new celestial being social ladder that is full of ideas and creativity. Maybe it's me, but I love learning about legends and mythology, even if they're not true (maybe they are), but that was one major component that bought my attention. Secondly, the plot line was admittedly quite interesting. I mean, you've got a prophecy against time, super hot Guardians, evil demons, and St. Vil's version of Satan, who is a woman in this life. Not bad for a story. Also, there were some humor points that made me laugh, so that's always good. 

The characters are what bugged me. Don't get me wrong, I love the twins, Jay, Rio, all the other angels. The two main characters, ugh please stahp it! Emmy Baxter what is wrong with you? The dude's got a girlfriend and a world to save! Yeah he likes you but seriously, what are the chances you'll end up happily ever after? If I hear another charming feature of his described at length I think I will regurgitate my lunch and I love my lunch. Please, for the sake of humanity and the pride of women shut up and move on. You're not a bad person and you had a lot thrown at you at once. But please, please please please I am begging you, shut the heck up!

Marcus, dude make up your freaking mind. Do you want Emmy or Ameana? (I'd choose Ameana.) First off, you have a freaking girlfriend. Ameana, remember her? Yeah, she still exists and as Ice Queen, chilly, and b***** that she can be, you still gave her your Rah (their version of a heart). If you really want Emmy FINE go. Get the guts to break up with your angel girlfriend and dedicate yourself to one girl! One freaking girl please!

Ameana, girl you go! When you nicely threatened Emmy to back off, I was cheering louder than I ever did in the entire book. You are kicka**, gorgeous, and I love you. You are definitely a big bonus to the whole story.

Other angels. Sorry, I should give you names, but I honestly can't remember. I remember Jay, Rio, M (girl twin), and something (boy twin.) I apologize for not remembering, but I don't have my notes with me because my Kindle broke. Anyway, you guys are pretty cool and chill. Rio, man why? Twins, you guys are so cute and amazing. Jay, your humor kept the story going.

Anyway, that's my little freakout over the story. Would I recommend it? Not really, but the majority of the characters are pretty chill and the plot line is interesting. It's just the two main characters that really bug you to your limit. I would give this a 3 out of 5 but Emmy and Marcus just didn't cut it for me. Other than that, it was a passable story.



"Death doesn't eat. Neither does Fate, but Time has been known to nibble."
Great. Angel humor. 
2.8 out of 5 stars

Foreverly Obsessed,
Riv



No comments:

Post a Comment