Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Q&A with Abi Ketner and Melissa Kaliciki

Hi guys! I'm super duper excited to share with you guys our very first Q&A with 2 amazingly talented authors: Abi Ketner and Melissa Kaliciki.

Thank you so much to Ashley from Mark My Words Book Publicity for arranging this super fun Q&A. So without further ado, let's get into questions. 

Questions related to Branded:
1.  What inspired you to create the world in Branded?
This is probably the most popular question people ask us. We have always talked about & shared books we enjoyed. We’ve also been close friends since 1999, so our friendship has already weathered a lot of changes. We used to meet to talk about books we were reading when we considered writing one of our own. Then one day, Abi came up with the concept of branding people with their sins & we took it from there. It was never really a choice to co-author… it was just something we did because it worked.
2.  What can we expect in the second book?
Hunted we are currently writing. All we can say is… get ready. It’s another ride.
3.  How is Cole and Lexi’s relationship going to develop in the next book?
That’s a good question because honestly we let the characters lead the story. So we will all have to wait and see.
4.  Who is your favorite character in the book and why?
We both love Zeus. We are huge animal lovers, especially of dogs.  We named him Zeus after Abi’s dog, who had just passed away.
Which part of the book was the most exciting to write about?
           Missy- For me, the final battle was hard to write. I kept making it too short and had to lengthen it. Haha. I wanted it to be more realistic to what it’d look like if a rag-tag band of people went up against a well-trained regime. 
         Abi- the most exciting part for me, was actually Alyssa. I really connected with her and felt everything she felt. (But I LOVED writing the first chapter.)

Random questions: 
1.  When did you decide you wanted to become a writer?
We wrote Branded together as a hobby, so we would have to go with NOW. We have fallen in love with story telling and would love to be able to do it for a living!
2.  Do you have any tips for budding authors?
Practice your craft. Believe in yourself. Push yourself because it’ll only make you better. Be ready to be committed! Being a writer isn’t easy like most people assume. It takes a lot of time and sweat! And write what you LOVE to write.

3.  What is the best part about being a writer?
Getting lost in another world and being able to spend time with your characters. And for us… obviously you can’t beat writing with your best friend.
4. Who are some of your favorite author inspirations?
            Missy- for me, it’s Bodie Thoene and Ann Rinaldi. Their books inspired me when I was a young girl and kept me reading! Currently, I respect all writers… because now I really know how much work it is to be one!!!
            Abi- I agree with Missy, I respect all authors as well. But, I have always loved Nicholas Sparks. His stories feel do real and his craft is amazing.
  

Thank you so much!! :)

Thank YOU Abi and Melissa for answering these questions. So I hoped you guys had a fun time reading the responses! To find out more about Abi and Melissa, just click on their names up top, I've linked their Goodreads page to their names. Also, if you're interested in their book Branded you can click here:

17402117

Foreverly Obsessed,


No comments:

Post a Comment