Monday, May 11, 2015

Bout of Books 13.0 - Day 1

Bout of Books

Hello everyone! Happy Bout of Books 13.0 Day One! I don't think I'm going to do updates every single day, but I'm currently in procrastinate mode so I'm reading a bit and thought I'd do an update as well as today's challenge! Today's challenge is the Bookish Survey, hosted by Writing My Own Fairy Tale and contains five simple questions: 

1. How do you organize your shelves? 
I don't really have an organization plan when is comes to my bookshelf. Speaking of shelves, I'm in desperate need of some new ones because my old ones are sinking and I've created a pretty large pile of books on the floor. I use three shelves on my bookshelf with the four reserved for my dad's large computer books. The current order goes something like this:
Shelf 1: Rainbow TBR - I've read a couple but they're mostly TBR books
Shelf 2: My Nicholas Sparks books + Random Favorites/Other
Shelf 3: Massmarket Paperback Fantasy Novels and Classics
Floor Shelf: Everything Else

2. What is one of your favorite books that’s not in one of your favorite genres? 
24323918
I absolutely adored this book, words cannot even express the feels that overcame me. The best way I can categorize this book is NA Paranormal which is definitely different from my usual fantasy preference.

3. What is the last 5 star book you read? 
6547258
I'm pretty picky about 5 star ratings - it takes a lot to blow me away which kind of makes sense that The Final Empire was my last one. I've been reading a lot of 4 star books lately but haven't hit a new 5/5 yet.

4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon? 
15804129
While I only want to make progress on this book and not necessarily finish it, I'm super excited to start! I've read the preface and part of Chapter One and the language is just so beautiful!
Book I actually want to finish: Priestess of the White by Trudi Canavan

5. What book do you recommend the most? 
Besides stating the obvious answers, a brand new 2015 release that I absolutely loved is The Thorn and the Sinking Stone by CJ Dushinski. It's a fantastic retelling of Romeo and Juliet that just completely blew my mind and expectations towards the story.
24846577
(Click cover for review)

Alright, moving on to my meager progress report:
Well of Ascension: ~8 pages (1 Chapter)
The Picture of Dorian Gray: Preface + 3 pages of Chapter 1

So that's kind of sad, but I had school, an AP test, and piano lessons. Hopefully I can read a bit more while doing homework! I'm going to try to do updates on Twitter so be sure to follow me there @crzybunni96

Foreverly Obsessed,


No comments:

Post a Comment