Sunday, August 3, 2014

Blogger Quiz


Hello everyone! So I was recently invited by Missie from A Flurry of Ponderings to do the Blogger Quiz! If you're interested in doing the questions or learning something new about other bloggers, click here to be linked back to Missie's original post! Let's get started!! 

What are your top three book pet peeve?

  1. Insta-love: Oh my gawds, I can't stand it. Even if it's fated to happen like they were lovers in their former lives, it just doesn't make sense to me.
  2. Angsty-love: Don't get me wrong, some angst is good. Then you get those super angsty stories where the main character just spends decades going on and on about the guy because she hates him with her guts but loves him with her heart and soul. No.
  3. Flat characters: Characters are a huge for me. If a book has a pretty flat storyline but amazing characters chances are I will still like the story. For me, characters are the window to the world, they're usually the one narrating so you see things from their eyes. If they're flat, it just ruins the entire story.
What book would you love to see come out as a movie?
I going to pick a series: The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. It would be a pretty awesome movie series, seriously, it'd be freaking awesome.
What are three bookish secrets?

  1. I hate starting a series if all the books have no come out. Either I can't stand the stress of waiting for the next book or I lose interest and never continue.
  2. I have a slight Nicholas Sparks addiction...I own pretty much all of his books...currently only missing 3...sorry not sorry
  3. I have a book in pretty much every room of the house so wherever I go, I can always have something to read.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
Every Ugly Word by Aimee L Salter - this was such a powerfully written book on bullying with a hint of paranormal/magical element to it. 
How many books are on your nightstand or on the floor by your bed?
After my dad caught me reading at 3 in the morning one time, he forbade me to bring books to my room. (He didn't say anything about Kindles...). Most of my physical books are around my desk and they range from 5 to 10. Or 15, you never know.
Do you read with music on or in silence? What music do you listen to?
In silence. I feel like it's distracting to read with music in the background. However, if it's a orchestral soundtrack I don't usually mind. It's the songs with words that distract me because I have a very short attention span. 
Name three books you would recommend to everyone.

  1. The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth LaBan - one of my all time favorite books. Plus it's narrated by a two guys so I feel like anyone can read it and enjoy it.
  2. A Different Blue by Amy Harmon - another one of my all time favorite books. It's just a beautiful story of self discovery and how everyone deserves love no matter who they are and where they come from. 
  3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - this is just a flat out classic and that everyone should read
What is your most anticipated book of 2014 that has yet to be released?
Either Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas because everyone I know is going crazy over the book or The Broken Eye by Brent Weeks. Wow, they're both fantasy and they're both the third book in a series. 
Describe your reading style in 5 or less words:
Pretty Covers with Kickbutt Characters
What are four of your favorite book character names?

  1. Ven from Imitation by Heather Hildenbrand
  2. Sybella from Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
  3. Elliryanna Lailoken from The Great Tree of Avalon by T.A. Barron (Come on, you have to admit that's a pretty awesome name.)
  4. Talia from the Talented Saga by Sophie Davis
So that's it! I hope you guys enjoyed it, I definitely had a lot of fun answering these questions. If you're reading this and you want to answer them, please do and link me up with your post! Thanks so much for reading!! Have a super awesome day!

Foreverly Obsessed,


No comments:

Post a Comment