Thursday, September 29, 2016

Thursday Tracks: Bounce by Boyfriend

 :


Hey everyone! It's been a hundred years since I've posted a Thursday Tracks and I've been in the mood to share something new with you guys. My music tastes generally range from 90s pop to country pop but this summer my friend finally got me interested in Kpop. As of right now, I'm trying so hard not to fall into the crazy hurricane that is the Kpop fandom because I simply don't have the energy or time but I have found a couple of songs and groups that I'll be sharing with you guys (hopefully) over the next couple of weeks.

So this week I have Bounce by a group called Boyfriend and this is the single off their album titled Boyfriend in Wonderland. I actually came across this song because I saw they had a dance video with SISTAR's Bora who is on my growing list of biases and once I watched the video I could not get the song out of my head.

The music video itself is just so interesting and I can't stop playing. It's bad and I'm trying so hard not to fall too deep but this group is just sucking me in.

Now this can't be a Thursday Tracks post without linking it to a book and this one was actually kind of difficult. I don't think this song connects to many books (might be the fact that I can't understand 99% of the lyrics) but the MV is inspired by Alice in Wonderland (as is the entire album) so I decided to go with that and chose Insanity by Cameron Jace.

18910286
After accidentally killing everyone in her class, Alice Wonder is now a patient in the Radcliffe Lunatic Asylum. No one doubts her insanity. Only a hookah-smoking professor believes otherwise; that he can prove her sanity by decoding Lewis Carroll's paintings, photographs, and find Wonderland's real whereabouts. Professor Caterpillar persuades the asylum that Alice can save lives and catch the wonderland monsters now reincarnated in modern day criminals. In order to do so, Alice leads a double life: an Oxford university student by day, a mad girl in an asylum by night. The line between sanity and insanity thins when she meets Jack Diamond, an arrogant college student who believes that nonsense is an actual science. 

I read Insanity a while back so I don't remember much but from what I remember and from my review, it was a crazy adventure full of some dark and unexpected twists of the classic Alice in Wonderland tale.

So that's my Thursday Tracks! I'll probably be doing more of these in the upcoming weeks cause I've just been listening to so many new songs. If you have any recommendations let me know and if you've read Insanity, be sure to let me know your thoughts below!

No comments:

Post a Comment