Tuesday, September 13, 2016

9 Favorite Fantasy Novels

 :
I think it's been a couple of months since my last Top Ten so this one is way overdue. Thankfully, I have a big break in classes on Tuesdays so I have no excuse for not posting a Top Ten. Anyway, today's topic is your top favorite books from X Genre. Of course, I ended up choosing Fantasy and rather than putting a "top favorite" label, I'm just going with the novels that pop into mind first.

290087382254476417572625
The Bird and the Sword by Amy Harmon - I don't need to explain my love for this book. Absolutely amazing and if you haven't read it, you need to pick it up ASAP.
Uprooted by Naomi Novik  - This novel caught me off guard and since then it's definitely secured a spot on my favorites. 
A Thousand Perfect Things by Key Kenyon -  I have ranted and raved about this book. It was so slow but then it got so good and I still can't fully grasp this piece of art.

176754622315153015803761
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater  - I think the title speaks for itself right? But if I need to explain, this series is pure gold and absolutely magical.
Henge by Realm Lovejoy - I love anything Arthurian legend inspired and this one gave the classic tale a really nice twist that's so much fun.
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa - My one goal in life is to be as kickbutt as Allison Sekemoto and to find a best friend like Jackal. But in all seriousness, this trilogy is just so much with amazing characters that honestly stay with you forever.

9565548654725819367070
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers - This is probably the oldest book on the list in terms when I first read it. Regardless, it's absolutely enchanting and has such amazing politically driven plots set in a historical setting with a hint of fantasy.
The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson - I don't need to explain this piece of heaven.
Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White - I think this is my newest addition and honestly it was just so magical. Kiersten White has definitely solidified a spot on my favorite authors list with this book.

So that's my list! Let me know in the comments what your post was one and what some of your favorite fantasy novels are!

8 comments:

  1. Loving the cover for The Bird and The Sword. It looks so creepy! I'll have to check it out! Great Top Ten :D My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to! It's an absolutely amazing story! If you do, let me know what you think :)

      Delete
  2. I also loved the Raven Boys, and am so excited to read the rest of the series! I've also never heard of a Thousand Perfect Things before but the cover looks so intriguing that I may have to check it out soon :)
    Heres my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Raven Boys series is absolutely amazing, can't wait to hear what you think of the rest of the series! A Thousand Perfect Things definitely caught me by surprise so you definitely have to tell me your thoughts if you pick it up!!

      Delete
  3. I really liked this list. You had me adding a few to my TRB list!
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you pick any up let me know your thoughts!!

      Delete
  4. The Immortal Rules is seriously one of my favourite books! I never find anyone who feels the same~

    My TTT ft. Aliens~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! Are you serious? That book needs more readers cause it's absolutely amazing XD

      Delete