Monday, October 13, 2014

TOUR STOP: Prophecy

ISBN: 9781616506
Pages: 280
Source: YA Bound Tours
Appearance:
22852890

Summary:
On the other side of death, is destiny.
Callie Ingram is spending her senior year focused on one thing: swimming. Her skill as a competitive swimmer is going to secure a scholarship and her future, or so she hopes. She has big plans, and Liam Hale, her gorgeous new neighbor, isn’t going to affect them. But when Callie sees Liam beheading someone, she learns his family has a secret that will change everything. The Hales are Vikings, demi-gods who’ve been charged by The Fates to find their new destined leader.
Callie’s caught in the middle of a budding Norse apocalypse, in love with Liam Hale and desperate to protect her best friend…who the Hales believe is marked for transformation. Putting the clues together as fast as she can, can discovers she has the power to rewrite destiny, for herself and all humankind.

Hello everyone! Welcome to my tour stop for Prophecy by Julie Anne Lindsey! Let's just get  into my thoughts :)

Prophecy follows a girl named Callie Ingram who has plans to get out of her small town and get a life. She needs to get out. That is, until Liam Hale walks into the picture. He's gorgeous, brooding, and lives in the Haunted Hale Manor. Then, things start happening and she finds out that Liam and his brothers are Vikings, Norse demigods who have come to her small town to find the chosen one to lead the Vikings to victory against the evil Stians. 

I literally just finished this book because I didn't have time at all the past weeks to read anything due to school...so a quick apology if my thoughts seem all over the place, I'm still working on putting them together. 

Anyway, Prophecy was pretty dang cool. I got really excited when reading because instead of only conforming to one mythology, it combines Norse and Greek mythology into one. I loved the intertwining of the two mythologies but I felt that for most of the book, they weren't really intertwined until the very ending, but at the ending you still don't really get a super clear bridge between the two. Norse mythology definitely takes the stage at being the center mythology while Greek mythology isn't really prevalent until the end. Either way, the combination of the two mythologies is off to a great start for a pretty awesome series.

I think I loved all the characters, except for Callie. Don't get me wrong, I liked Callie, she was a really strong character with a lot of honorable features. Just compared to Liam and Justin, let's say my heart was taken already. Liam was a bit of a jerk at the beginning, but he grows on you. He's got the brooding bad boy vibe going at the beginning, but once Callie learns his secret, he starts to lighten up...just a bit. He's definitely got a ginormous jealous streak, but I guess that comes with being a Viking. Justin on the other hand, goodness I was done after meeting him for 5 minutes. He's so adorable and gentlemanly and a really great person. I'm kinda mad at Callie for friendzoning him, but fate did dictate for her to be with Liam, but Justin! He literally makes your heart want to cry for him and hug him. 

Okay, enough about the guys, let's talk a bit about Callie. I don't want to give away too much because I for one wasn't expecting that to happen. As a character, I definitely liked her. Like I said before, she's really strong and I really liked how she took everything in stride. Instead of just accepting whatever Liam said because she was in love with him, she researched about Norse mythology which gave the reader some insight as well as to what the story itself was rooted in. She's also a pretty great person, friend, daughter, everything. She's levelheaded and smart and I can't ask for anything else in a MC. Her only mistake is Kirk who I will unashamedly say I wish was beheaded by a Viking knife light saber. 

One of my favorite scenes was definitely the battle which was actually really damn epic! I wasn't expecting it to be so because after reading a lot of YA prophecy fulfillment battles, none of them were really action packed. This book on the other hand delivered a pretty fantastic battle that had your heart racing and internally screaming at certain parts.

Overall, Prophecy is a great start to an amazing series and I can't wait to see how it continues! Definitely recommend! :)

GIVEAWAY:
3.5 out of 5 stars

Foreverly Obsessed,

No comments:

Post a Comment