Monday, June 29, 2015

Hitched

ISBN13: 9781511627252
Pages: 229
Source: Xpresso Book Tours
Publication Date: April 14, 2015
Appearance:
25018985

Life hasn’t been easy for twenty-three year old Ellie Jacobs since her boyfriend, Fletch, walked out of her life two years earlier. She’s stuck in a consulting job she hates, buried under crushing student loans, and still longing for Fletch despite her best efforts to leave the past behind.
Letting go is hard when everywhere she turns, there’s a reminder of Fletch - from his face on gossip magazines to everyone being obsessed with his company, GroundFloor.
So when Ellie finds herself at a mutual friend’s wedding with Fletch, she decides to grin and bear it for the sake of the bride and groom. But years of anger have piled up, and Ellie doesn’t know if she can last the weekend without going crazy or lashing out.
However, as the wedding weekend progresses, Ellie realizes anger can only take you so far, but love can take you farther.
 

Hello everyone! I'm back with part two of my Crushed duology review with Hitched! This book is written from Ellie's point of view and follows her as she navigates her life after Fletch leaves and how they become reunited.

Okay so I'm skipping with the summary that I usually start off my reviews with because I want to talk about the overall plot of the story. Where are all my cutesy moments with Ellie and Fletch? Fine, I got some of it from Book 1 but the time gap between Crushed and Hitched leaves out those moments of their growing relationship and Fletch's leaving. While everything does get explained, I can't help but feel like I've been cheated out of those moments. Anyway, moving on from that little rant, I was excited to find out that Hitched was written from Ellie's point of view because she was such a snarky character in Crushed I couldn't wait to read things from her perspective. Sadly, I didn't exactly get that.

Hitched reunites us with all the characters we fell in love with in book one with Brady's wedding to Sophie. I can't believe how much I missed Brady's humor even though I picked up the two books pretty much back to back with a week in between them. The characters were still golden and still managed to make me laugh. However, the problem lies with the plot. Ellie's pretty angry at Fletch for leaving without a word and then seeing his faces all over magazines as the hottest CEO with his company GroundFloor. Then she sees him again at the wedding and after a couple of interactions, all that anger just melts away. To be honest, I wanted more of a fight on her part, I mean Fletch literally just left. 

Of course there's more the story than that, but this book was rushed beyond words. From Brody's wedding to Fletch and Ellie's engagement and happily ever after, I think the whole book took place over an extended weekend. I had enjoyed the slow pace and gradual development of the plot and characters from Crushed so when I read Hitched I felt myself rolling my eyes a bit too often.

Now, that's not to say I didn't enjoy the book because these characters have still made a big impact on me in terms of how much I adored them. But, this book definitely pales in comparison to the first book and if I had to narrow it down, I'd say to only read the first book. You might be left with an aching need to know more, but the second book didn't do that for me.


3 out of 5 stars
 

Foreverly Obsessed,

No comments:

Post a Comment