Monday, March 28, 2016

Review: Wanting More

ISBN: 1682811352
Pages: 300
Publication Date: March 28, 2016
Source: Entangled Publishing
Initial Reaction:
I can’t stop wanting her…
Bri Welch likes to play it safe. I don’t. She’s wound tight, and I’m all about a good party. But there’s something about her that makes me want to pull those uptight layers away one-by-delicious-one. But the worst thing is she makes me want more…

Hello everyone! Welcome to the release day for Wanting More by Jessica Ruddick! This is a super cute and fun contemporary novel so if you want to pick up your own copy, just click the cover above!

Wanting More follows two college students who couldn't be more different. One is a frat boy who is almost failing out of his classes and the other is an overachieving graduate student who becomes his academic adviser. Bri is pretty much the definition of uptight. Being a bit of an overachiever, she likes having everything neatly planned out and her life at the moment is perfect. Then Josh walks in and completely disrupts her orderly lifestyle and she is honestly at a loss for words.

The relationship between Bri and Josh is all sorts of cute that gives you all sorts of fuzzy feelings inside. I absolutely adored how they complemented each other throughout the novel as Josh made Bri loosen up and Bri helped Josh get his life under control. Both characters are dealing with different types of stress outside of their relationship and they manage to work things out pretty well.

I should have drafted my review for this book right after I finish because I'm having a bit of trouble remember specific moments that stood out to me. I remember the scene where Josh's guitar pick got thrown up to the roof of the frat house and he decides to climb onto the room to retrieve it while drunk. It's the scenes like this that make me scared to go to college in a couple of months...

Quickly, I want to mention the side characters because they each brought so much personality and fun to the story. Each character from the frat brothers and sorority sisters to Bri and her graduate friends display the wide range of people that make up the college population and shows how different people can form these unique and intricate relationships. 

Overall, I enjoyed the novel a lot. It was fun and had a couple of heart twisting moments that allowed a rush of emotions to overwhelm me. 

  3.5 out of 5 stars


Foreverly Obsessed,


No comments:

Post a Comment