Monday, September 28, 2015

#NOTD: Cute Bears


Hello everyone! So I am finally taking a break from my massive onslaught of reviews which hopefully I will keep up my pace with everything, but I did promise something else. I did my first #NOTD in August and I thought I'd keep it up. I really enjoy doing my nails even though I don't keep a manicure very long. Either way, I found this really cute image on Pintrest which sparked this design:
Really cute. Too cute for me, but I'm sure someone else would love to have me do their nails like this.:
(Pintrest Image)

So....I'm still working on how I want to format these types of posts so if you have any suggestions please let me know!! I remembered to take pictures while I was doing the design (kind of) so let's go~

What I Used:
(L-R): Tempest (Sinful Colors), My Button Fell Off (Spoiled by WetnWild), Black on Black (Sinful Colors), Icing on the Cake (Pop-a-razzi)

Cute stickers! I bought mine from Taiwan so I don't have exact names/links. I also used some heart glitters and a bow accessory.

Dotting Tools (Sally Beauty Store)

Steps:
1. Apply a base coat to protect your nails (not depicted). I used Revlon's Treat and Boost.

2. Apply a light purple polish on your pointer, middle, and pinky and a light pink polish on your thumb and ring. (For my other hand I switched up the order a bit)

3. Take a larger sized dotting tool and drag it along the middle portion of your nails that are painted pink with white polish.

4. Take a smaller sized dotting tool to dip two small black dots for the eyes and one dot on the white for the nose.

5. I used the smallest sized dotting tool and used it horizontally to make two small marks under the nose to represent the mouth.

6. Lastly, take a cute sticker and place it at the corner of your nail to represent a little bow for your bear. I decided that my purple nails looked lonely so I took two heart glitters and placed them together at the tip to form a bow.

The Final Product:

So that's my little design! I completely forgot to take pictures of the intermediate steps but I'll definitely try to remember in the future! Please let me know in the comments below what you thought of this post and if you have any suggestions for future designs! I'm thinking about doing a book cover inspired design but I'm still waiting for the inspiration since I'm pretty new to nail art. 

Foreverly Obsessed,








No comments:

Post a Comment